Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup Recipe
Are you looking for a sweet potato and bacon soup recipe? Have you heard of all the health benefits of using sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes? And you know, most people think that sweet potatoes are much tastier too. Sweet potatoes, besides being tastier, have many more antioxidants and phytonutrients than regular white potatoes.
If you make soup for french fries or anything with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes you are really doing something good for your body. And sweet potatoes have more fiber than regular potatoes too and we all know there are many benefits to more fiber.
So if you are looking for a great sweet potato and bacon soup recipe then you need to come to our website and see our wonderful soup selections. We have some incredible sleep potato and bacon soup recipe varieties that will ensure you never go back to regular potato soup again.
You will love our sweet potato and bacon soup recipe – we just know it! We have plenty of pictures and lots of easy-to-follow instructions so that all of our soups seem like easy Potato Soup. Finding a good recipe is half of the battle and do we really want to help you out there.
Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup
Besides our wonderful sweet potato and bacon soup recipe we also have many other sweet potato recipes and many other bacon recipes and many other soup recipes. No matter whether you are looking to just put dinner on the table or if you are going to be serving 50 people at your next holiday gathering, we have something for you.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves (optional)
- Place potatoes, cut sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water; cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly; discard potato skins.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 1 minute or until translucent.
- Stir in cumin and red pepper. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil.
- Place half of sweet potato and half of stock mixture in a blender.
- Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
- Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters); blend until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a large bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining sweet potato and stock mixture. Stir in salt.
- Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls; sprinkle cooked bacon and Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
We specialize in Potato Soup Recipe and we especially specialize in recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious. So be sure to come by and see all of our recipes and our sweet potato and bacon soup recipe today. You will be so glad that you did!