Sweet and Spicy Venison Jerky Recipe
Turn your spare deer meat into this easy Sweet and Spicy Venison Jerky Recipe. After you have scored your prize buck in the woods this year, you are gonna want to turn some of that venison into my fast and easy Sweet and Spicy Venison Jerky Recipe. Just gather the ingredients from the list below, and then follow the easy recipe cooking directions below to create the best tasting venison jerky recipe ever!
Watch the recipe cooking video featured below to learn how to make your own homemade venison jerky recipes. Pick your own spices and change up the recipe some to get a taste that tickles your taste buds!
Easy Sweet and Spicy Venison Jerky Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound venison, cut into 1/4 thick strips
- Whisk together the sugar, black pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, lemon juice, liquid smoke, paprika, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, and soy sauce in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the venison strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Mix the venison a few times as it marinates to ensure even absorption of the marinade.
- Remove the venison strips from the marinade and squeeze off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Arrange the venison on the racks of a food dehydrator so that it does not overlap.
- Dry the venison on High until dry but still pliable, about 4 hours.
- The jerky should bend without breaking.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container or in a resealable plastic bag.