Sweet and Salty Caramel Apples. Caramel apples are a great snack to serve at any Halloween Party or during a child’s birthday party. You can put a smile on any childs face with a caramel apple!
This recipe is a fast and easy recipe to make if you want a sweet and a salty caramel apple taste. Gather the ingredients below and follow the simple recipe directions to learn how to make sweet and salty caramel apples. Serve them at a Halloween costume party or for birthdays. Caramel apples are great for any type of kid’s party.
If you enjoy making my fast and easy recipe, please leave me a comment!
Sweet and Salty s Recipe
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple.
- Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel.
- Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan. Place on the aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt and chill.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.