Swai is a white-flesh fish (typically available in fillet form). Swai Fish has a sweet and mild taste, with a light flaky texture that can be used in baked fish recipes, broiled fish recipes, grilled fish recipes, or coating with bread crumbs and fried type recipes, according to experts. It can be prepared simply, but also takes well to sauces.
A 3.5-ounce serving of plain fish contains around 90 calories, 4 grams of fat (1.5 saturated), 45 grams of cholesterol and 50 milligrams of sodium.
Healthy Swai Fish Recipes
Many people are trying harder these days to eat healthy meals. Swai fish is one of those fish that healthy meal eaters seek out. Swai fish is much cheaper than fish meats like salmon or herring.
Making swai fish sort after in markets across the nation. Swai fish contains omeg 3 acids making it a heart healthy meal for anyone who enjoys fish.
See more Tilapia Fish Recipes.
Pan Fried Coated Swai Fish Recipe
Swai fish fillets: 4 to 6 fillets
Yellow cornmeal: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Ground black pepper: 1 tsp.
Crushed red pepper: 2 tsp.
California-style garlic powder: 1 tsp.
Canola oil: 2 tbsp.
Water: 1/4 cup
1. Season the swai fish with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and red pepper then cover completely with cornmeal.
2. Cover swai fish with plastic wrap then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat canola oil in frying pan on high heat.
4. Place the seasoned swai fish fillets in pan. Once browned flip over and do the same.
5. Once both sides are browned, add water then lower heat to medium – low then cover while occasionally flipping over so they cook evenly and to prevent burning.
6. After about ten minutes, the swai fillets should be cooked.
7. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Diet type: Seafood
Diet (other): Low calories, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 4 to 6
Meal type: Dinner
Culinary tradition: Southern-American / Asian fusion
Swai Fish Recipe Cooking Video
Tasty Photos Of Fish Dishes
Republished by Blog Post Promoter