One of my all time favorite desserts is strawberry cobbler. This strawberry cobbler recipe is perfect when you serve this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Follow this fast and easy directions below to learn how to make strawberry cobbler for dessert tonight. I have also included a recipe video, just in case you prefer to watch videos to learn how to make this simple recipe.
Next time your kids ask for something sweet to eat, serve this tasty strawberry cobbler! It also is perfect for pot luck dinners or holiday meals.
Strawberry Cobbler Desserts Recipe
Use fresh strawberries when making this dessert. Frozen strawberries are also ok to use, but for the best taste possible, always use the freshest fruits. Strawberry cobbler is so tasty, good for any occasion!
Mix the sweet strawberry filling with the crunchy taste of the crust and you have a dessert made in heaven! This recipe is easy to make and tastes great. Gather the family and serve up this Strawberry cobbler with a little scoop of ice cream and they will begging for more.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish to prevent sticking
- In a sauce cooking pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and hot.
- Stir in the fresh strawberries, and then remove from the heat.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in the cream. The mixture should be fairly soft.
- Spoon on top of strawberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.