Southern Potato Soup Recipes
Let’s make some fantastic potato soup for dinner tonight and maybe save some for lunch tomorrow and make everybody in the family happy. Everyone loves southern potato soup because it tastes so amazing. The best thing about southern potato soup is how many variations there are that all are still basically the same thing and taste wonderful.
We have some incredible southern potato soup recipes for you to come and pick your favorite from. So come to our website today and check out our southern potato soup choices and get the perfect dinner on the table as soon as possible. Your family will be so glad that you did. All of her recipes have pictures and simple instructions so that your meals can be perfect every time.
So some people like their southern potato soup with cheese and some people like theirs pureed Until creamy and made with cream and butter and some people like their potato soup as chunky as possible.
They like to feel like they are eating a meal – and not just some soup. A really wonderful addition to any type of potato soup is bacon and another awesome meat for Potato Soup is ham.
Not everybody likes meat in soup but if you are a real meat and potatoes lover then making it all into a soup is a great way to go. Potato soup is very filling and very hearty and wonderful on a cold evening or for lunch during winter.
- 3 cups water
- 2 lbs unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1½ cups (6 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 5 finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot then add the potatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and reserve 2 cups of them.
- Put the rest of the potatoes (about 3 cups) in the blender with 1 cup of milk and puree until smooth.
- You might need to add a bit more milk.
- Return this puree to the cooking pot.
- Add the remaining milk, reserved potatoes, butter, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the cheese and green onions.
- Cook for 8 minutes over a moderate heat, stirring often, until the cheese is melted.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Southern Potato Soup
Put that hot potato soup in a thermos, pack a spoon, and take it anywhere. That is one amazing lunch that will keep you going until dinner time easily. Soup is one of those meals that you can eat over and over again and not get sick of.
Our Potato Soup Recipe is also one of those meals that you can get all of your necessary protein and veggies and carbohydrates all packed in together so it’s very healthy. Enjoy your soup!