Snow Cream for Kids
When I was a child we used to travel a lot to see family or to meet my dad in one of the states where he had dropped off trucks when he was a truck driver. So I got to see and experience loads of snow days and many blizzards. We happened to have been in Cincinnati, OH the first time I heard of snow cream. My aunt and uncle introduced me to it and I loved it.
Kids in the cities might not get to experience as much of this as the ones who live further out in the suburbs. If you and your kids are having a snow day try making some snow cream and see how much fun it can really be.
Snow Cream Recipe
There are different versions of this Snow Cream recipe with and without eggs. The recipe below is a very simple snow cream recipe that your kids will love. Enjoy the snow day with them.
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 cups clean, freshly fallen snow
- Get a large bowl and combine half and half, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Keep stirring until all the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the snow, one cup at a time, until the ice cream magically starts to form!
- Freeze for several minutes before serving.