Honey Smoked Turkey Breast
Easy recipe for honey smoked turkey breast. This Honey Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe is perfect for serving to friends and family at holiday family gatherings like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Fix this Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe for Thanksgiving dinner and your family will love the wonderful taste. Sweet from the honey flavor, this recipe turns the turkey breast meat so tender and juicy. You will need a bowl to catch all the juices!
To make this fast and easy recipe, just gather the ingredients below from the list and then follow the easy directions. I have also added a recipe cooking video for those of you who prefer to watch videos to learn how to make a Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe.
The best tasting homey flavored smoked turkey breast recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner cooking.
Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar honey
- 1/2 pound mesquite wood chips
- Preheat grill for high heat. If you are using a charcoal grill, use about twice the normal amount of charcoal.
- Soak wood chips in a pan of water, and set next to the grill.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse the bird and pat dry. Place in a large disposable roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sage, ground black pepper, celery salt, basil, and vegetable oil. Pour mixture evenly over the turkey.
- Turn the turkey breast side down in the pan, and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place the roasting pan on the preheated grill. Throw a handful of the wood chips onto the coals. Close the lid, and cook for 1 hour.
- Throw about 2 more handfuls of soaked wood chips on the fire.
- Drizzle 1/2 the honey over the bird, and replace the foil.
- Close the lid of the grill, and continue cooking 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Uncover turkey, and carefully turn it breast side up in the roasting pan. Baste with remaining honey. Leave the turkey uncovered, and cook 15 minutes.
- The cooked honey will be very dark.
Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe Cooking Video
Smoked Turkey Breast Pictures