Simple Recipe for Turkey Burgers
So it is the day after a holiday and you are looking at a couple pounds of leftover turkey meat. What are you gonna do with all that leftover turkey? Turn that leftover turkey into great tasting Turkey Burgers!
My Recipe for Turkey Burgers is very simple to make. Just gather the ingredients listed below and follow the simple recipe directions. There are many things you can do with leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey! These turkey burgers has always been one of my favorites!
Recipe for Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Pounds and pounds of leftover turkey sit in refrigerators across our nation the day after these holidays. Turning all that turkey into a tasty meal for your family after they have already stuffed themselves the day before can be a challenge!
Try something a little different with my Recipe for Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Burgers. Feed your family a great tasting meal without all the fat of ground beef! Use turkey meat instead! Less fat, same great taste!
|Recipe for Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Burgers||
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the ground turkey, egg, black beans, red bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until blended; form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook the turkey patties in the skillet until cooked through and no longer pink the center, 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a patty should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).