Simple Recipe for Fig Pizza
This is a fabulous recipe for fig pizza that will leave you speechless. Why not change things up at the dinner table make a delicious recipe fig pizza from scratch. What is fabulous about a recipe for fig pizza is that you can still change it up to your unique style and personality. Add and subtract ingredients as you see fit. No reason to fret if you see something that doesn’t please your palate. Just make the necessary adjustments to this recipe for fig pizza.
Next time you are in the mood for something that is totally out of the box, you can make a fig pizza. Top your fig pizza with fresh vegetables and pineapple for a taste so good. Friends and family will be begging you for your pizza recipes after they try this fabulous recipe. Fig pizza is unlike anything you have ever tasted. Get ready to give your palate a jolt with this recipe for fig pizza.
Best Recipe for Fig Pizza
Pizza is one of the most popular cuisines in the United States. More people consume pizza than they do hamburgers and hot dogs combined. Taste the difference Italian dinner makes with this amazing recipe fig pizza. You can add ingredients like, pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, ground beef, Canadian bacon, bacon bits, bell peppers, pesto, alfredo, and more. There are so many ways to serve up this recipe for fig pizza that you will never run out of ideas.
Your friends and family will be begging you for the pizza dough recipe to this wonderful fig pizza. Never before has there been a recipe quite as good as this. Recipe for fig pizza will be the perfect fit for dinner parties and more. Serve it up as a Super Bowl appetizer or just as a light snack while watching a movie.
Recipe for Fig Pizza
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 dried figs
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- Pour the water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve. Mix in the oil, salt, and flour to make a dough. When the dough is too stiff to stir, turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place into an oiled bowl, and cover with a clean towel. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then drain and chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until they are wilted and soft. Reduce heat to low, and season with salt.
- Continue to cook and stir until the onions are a dark brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme, fennel seed and figs, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Punch down the pizza dough, and stretch into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush the surface lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Spread the onion and fig mixture over the crust. It will be sparse, but there is plenty of flavor. Dot with pieces of goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust has turned golden brown at the edges.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 630 | Total Fat: 17.9g | Cholesterol: 22mg
Number of servings (yield): 4 to 6
Meal type: Dinner
Recipe for Fig Pizza Video
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter