Simple Recipe for Deep Dish Pizza
A recipe for deep dish pizza is a great way to feed the family. A deep dish pizza is a failing and affordable dish that anyone can make. A recipe for deep dish pizza is also known as the recipe for a dish pizza pie. On the East Coast a pizza pie is the average name for what we call pizza on the West Coast. Here on the West Coast we traditionally served a thinner crust pizza but in Chicago and in parts of New York, they eat what is known as the deep dish pizza pie.
The recipe for deep dish is called a pie because that is exactly what is. With the right pizza dough recipe you fill in the pie with all of your favorite ingredients and a Pizza Sauce Recipe. This is a fully stocked pie with all of your favorite ingredients such as pepperoni, Canadian bacon, ground beef, bell peppers, olives and all your favorite cheeses.
No one can really finish an entire piece of pie by themselves unlike the traditional Fenner crust pizza, and who would want to? Eat pizza pie is something to be enjoyed and savored. A recipe for a deep dish pizza is a great way to entertain people in a nontraditional way. Anyone can just serve a regular thin crust pizza work all the local pizza hut, but someone who brings out a recipe for a deep dish pizza quickly becomes everyone’s best friend.
Recipe for Deep Dish Pizza
The recipe for a deep dish pizza is a great way to have fun in the kitchen with your kids. Children enjoy making their own deep dish peaches and they can use their own special ingredients that they like. Cooking with kids in a kitchen is a great way to get them interested in culinary arts. The recipe for a few fish pizza is a fun and innovative way to take pizza to the next level.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, sliced into thin rounds (about 8 links)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough, at room temperature
- 10 ounces whole milk low-moisture mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup your favorite marinara sauce or 1 1/2 cups crushed and strained San Marzano tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook the sausage rounds until they turn brown on each side, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Grease the inside of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with the butter.
- Place the pizza dough in the center and spread evenly towards the bottom edge and 1 1/2 inches up the sides.
- The order of layers is very important to achieving a crisp bottom crust. Begin with the sausage.
- Evenly lay the sausage on the dough, followed by the mozzarella and marinara.
- Sprinkle the garlic and oregano on top.
- Finish with the Parmesan and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place the skillet pizza on the bottom rack of the oven and cook until the edge of the crust is golden brown and crusty, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you can find the best recipe for a deep dish pizza as well as other innovative recipes. Not only will you find recipes that you will have step by step directions, pictures and videos to help you prepare them. You will never be without the best pizza recipes.
Recipe for Deep Dish Pizza Video
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter