Potato and Mint Soup Recipes
Have you been looking for that one of a kind dish that won’t cost you a mint? Well then, this spuds for you. Jump into this low cost recipe that is most definitely not lacking in excitement. This Potato Soup is everything you could ever want in a soup but oh so much more. This sure is eager to please the heartiest of eaters. You are going to be more than well pleased with flavors. It is mint to be delicious.
Soup that is served in itself can be a very fulfilling meal. It’s very low cost if you’re tired of paying all of those high prices in the grocery stores. It’s something that can be made on the skimpiest of budgets.
Potato and mint soup can be added into any, meal. It’s a wonderful soup to serve if someone has an upset tummy. It will be very soothing. If you have a sick relative take them a container of this soup over and it will sure to put them over the hump. Pairing this succulent soup is a wonderful way to start the night off right.
Potato and Mint Soup
- 6 medium potatoes cubed
- 1cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Italian sausage sliced
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion or green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh grated pepper to taste
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of garlic
- sprig of rosemary
- Boil potatoes in water to cover along with spices until they are tender. Brown sausage lightly and add water to it to deglaze the bottom of the pan and pour into the potatoes. Add chopped onion to the mixture and return to heat. Allow to boil for a further five to ten minutes on low heat.
- Add cream and butter to the water that is in the pan with your potatoes and stir in one half the cheddar cheese that you have to the mixture. Heat to just beginning to boil and then lower heat and permit to simmer until sausage is thoroughly cooked and the soup has begun to thicken slightly.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with grated white cheddar and freshly ground pepper to taste. The taste is outstanding and when served with a crusty loaf of homemade bread to accompany your potato and sausage soup you’re going to be completely impressed with the speed as well as the low cost of this wonderful meal.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Try grilled pork chops or serving up your favorite white fish with some lemon zest on top. Throw in some veggies and your good to go. It most definitely would be a great starter to some fresh veggie and shrimp kabobs. Potato and mint soup can also have an endless list of add in. Starting form sour cream onions, cheese, parsley to some ground up fresh bacon bits. Add it over rice pasta cracker or even some fresh homemade bread. Please be sure to make plenty of this Potato Soup Recipe, so that everyone can have a taste of its remarkable flavors. You can watch our video on these quick and easy recipes. Enjoy.
Watch Paula Dean Cook Potato Soup
Pictures of Potato Soup
Comfort Food Recipe Cookbooks