Pig in a Blanket Recipe
There are some great fun recipes out there for kids. One of those recipes kids love is Pigs in a Blanket.
Just the name is fun and imaginative. These small franks or sausages wrapped in pastry or biscuit dough and cooked are perfect for kids snacks and little hands to hold.
Children will love to help dress their pig by rolling them in the pastry dough. Let them help. You can teach them how to handle pastry dough properly and the basics of keeping an eye on the browning process.
Pigs in a Blanket Recipe for Kids
There is one change I always make to any hot dogs, franks, or sausages that I am giving to a child. I slice the sausage longways and wrap only half in the pastry. Hotdogs and sausages with their round shape can be a choking hazard for a child, so make sure you slice them longways and not into rounds when giving them to children.
- 8 frankfurters
- 8 slices American processed cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- Start by preheating the oven to 350.
- Take each frankfurter and wrap cheese around it and then wrap the biscuit around it.
- Lay each one faced down on a cookie sheet to hold down the outer flaps.
- Bake in preheated oven until the pigs in blankets are brown, around 10 to 15 minutes.