Old Fashioned Potato Soup Recipe
This soup is so warm and inviting, it will make your whole family wonder why you haven’t made it before. It’s a timeless classic that most people don’t even consider making in today’s fast paced on the go race. Consider making this one of a kind old fashioned potato soup the next time you’re considering ordering in pizza.
Old fashioned potato soup is a very hearty meal in its self. You can add in any number of ingredients also. Customize it to your liking. You can put it on top of any bread rice or pasta. Or you could try Potato Soup with oyster crackers instead. You can make this old fashioned potato soup in any slow cooker or crock pot. It can be made prior to eating or you can slow cook it all day.
Old Fashioned Potato Soup
The add ins are limitless with this old fashioned potato soup. How about some fresh garlic, or freshly made turkey bacon crumbled up on top of it. Now that’s what we call yummy! You can even add a dollop or two of sour cream. You can add it as a one of a kind side dish to a perfectly grilled pork chop plate, served with baby carrots glazed in butter or brown sugar, or a freshly baked juicy chicken breast with some green bean rolls.
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks (about 1-1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (1/2 to 1 stick) of salted butter
- Water to cover
- 1 (12 ounce) can of evaporated milk
- Shredded cheese, for garnish, optional
- Toss the potatoes with the onion, flour and salt and pepper; set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add the potato mixture to the pot; stir to coat.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil; stir in the milk, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally about 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Taste, adjust salt and pepper, and continue cooking on simmer, uncovered, until the soup reach desired consistency and thickness.
- Garnish each serving with shredded cheese if you like and serve immediately.
Old fashioned potato soup recipes are easy to make and great to share with your friends. They will be a very nice addition to your recipe book. This soup is a simple genuine 123 easy recipe, but is so tasty that it can be served in the finest of restaurants. Please try this Potato Soup Recipe out. They are sure to warm your bellies and keep a smile on your face all through the day.