Easy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal cookies are a favorite among kids. They have such a great texture and that flavor of vanilla and a little cinnamon is the perfect combination. Kids love oatmeal. It is a great way to give them a warm breakfast before school on a cold day. Oatmeal cookies right out of the oven give kids that same feeling of being loved.
Oatmeal cookies are special and they are a fun way to spend some time with your kids teaching them to bake. Some people add raisins or even chocolate chips to their oatmeal cookies. Whatever suits the occasion and your personal tastes and makes you and your children happy is the way to go.
Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
When you are making this recipe be sure to let your children help with the mixing if they are old enough and of course rolling the batter with clean hands and placing onto the cookie sheets. They will love being able to flatten them with the fork too. That can be their signature mark.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until it is creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and stir it into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.