Easy Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Here is our easy Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe. One of my favorite ways to eat shrimp is with lots of garlic. Our Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe fulfills my wildest garlic shrimp dreams! Ok I don’t really have wild dreams about Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe, but you might after trying our quick and easy recipe for garlic shrimp.
Easy Recipes are a tradition around my house. We prepare and serve this Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe at least 4 or 5 times a month. This super easy recipe for Mexican garlic shrimp will quickly become one of your favorite Mexican recipes as well.
Fast Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Easy Mexican Recipes that are authentic and healthy to prepare for your family. Shrimp is one of the best treasures from the sea. Take advantage of this healthy type of seafood by spicing it up Mexican style. You will love the wonderful flavors of our Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe.
Our Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe blends just the right amount of spices and garlic to create a shrimp recipe that you will be proud to serve to anyone.
Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 cup garlic clove, peeled (about 2 large heads of garlic)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and cut into thin strips (canned)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave on tail end if you like, about 48 shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Chop the garlic until the garlic bits are about an 1/8″ in size–about 1/2 cup of chopped garlic.
- Put the garlic in small saucepan, add oil and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook over medium low heat.
- Stir occasionally as the mixture comes almost to a simmer.
- Adjust the heat to lowest setting and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is a soft, pale golden –about thirty minutes.
- Add the lime and simmer about five minutes, until the juice has evaporated or been absorbed.
- Stir in the chiles, then taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Keep the pan over the lowest heat so the garlic will be warm when the shrimp are ready.
- Put the lime wedges into a serving bowl and set them out.
- Set a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and spoon about one and a half tablespoons of the oil (but not the garlic) from the mojo.
- Add half the shrimp to the skillet, sprinkle with salt, and stir gently and continuously until the shrimp are just cooked through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add half the cilantro (if you’re using it)and scoop the shrimp onto a warm, deep serving platter.
- Repeat with another one and a half tablespoons of the oil and the rest of the shrimp and cilantro.
- When all the shrimp are cooked and placed in the serving platter, use a slotted spoon to scoop out the warm bits of garlic and chiles from the mojo pan and scatter them over the shrimp.
- Serve with the lime wedges
Mexican Garlic Shrimp Recipe Video
Pictures of Garlic Shrimp