Warm apple pie with marshmallows! Try it, you will love this wonderful twist on the old classic apple pie recipe. My Granny use to add marshmallow cream to almost everything she cooked, that was the inspiration for this marshmallow apple pie recipe.
When you make this marshmallow apple pie recipe, I suggest using the big Granny Smith brand of apples. The taste of these apples make them perfect for baking in any apple pie. Apple pie is a traditional holiday pie to prepare for your family, but you are free to shake it up and try something new with your apple pie.
To get started on this apple pie recipe with marshmallows, just follow the fast and easy marshmallow apple pie recipe directions below. Or visit this marshmallow apple pie recipe squidoo lens that includes videos, easy directions, and lots of links to more apple pie recipes.
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 large marshmallows
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Line pie pan with plain pastry.
3. Peel, remove core and slice apples. Place in pie shell.
4. Combine sugar, salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples.
5. Dot with butter.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until crust is brown and the apples are tender.
7. Remove from oven.
8. Cover the apples with halved marshmallows.
9. Brown in slow oven 325 degrees F