Quick and Easy Wendy’s Chili Recipe
You have eaten Chili at Wendy’s, right? Chili from Wendy’s is one of my favorite things to eat! There is just something about the way Wendy’s makes their awesome tasting chili that makes it taste so good. If your kids love the chili from Wendy’s, they will love this copy cat Wendy’s chili recipe.
You can make your own chili that tastes just as good as the chili you buy when you go to Wendy’s for lunch or dinner. Just follow my quick and easy chili recipe below to make homemade Wendy’s style chili anytime you want! You might just like this chili even more than you like Wendy’s chili! Stay home for dinner tonight and eat some chili.
Homemade Wendy’s Chili Recipe
It is really very simple to make homemade chili. Even kids could put together this quick and easy Wendy’s chili recipe. To get started, just gather the ingredients from the list below, then follow the easy directions. Kids should always have adult supervision when cooking food like this popular Wendy’s chili recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- One 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- One 29 ounce can kidney beans, with liquid
- One 29 ounce can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- ½ cup diced green chili (2 chilies)
- ¼ cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- First, brown the beef in a skillet over a medium heat and then drain off the fat.
- Use a fork to crumble the cooked beef into small pieces.
- Put the beef plus all the remaining ingredients in a large pot and let it simmer over a low flame.
- Stir it up good every 15 minutes or so and let it cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- For spicier chili, add ½ teaspoon more black pepper. For much spicier chili, add 1 teaspoon black pepper and a tablespoon cayenne pepper. For super hot spicy, add 5 or 6 sliced jalapeno peppers to the pot.
Wendy’s Chili Recipe Cooking Video
Learn how to make homemade chili just like the chili you buy when you go out to eat at Wendy’s by watching this recipe cooking video. Get step by step directions that you can use to follow my easy directions and ingredients list above. If you love the taste of Wendy’s chili, you will love this homemade chili as well!