Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe.
Are you looking for a loaded baked potato soup recipe for dinner tonight or maybe to please a picky eater who loves baked potatoes but hasn’t eaten much else in a while? We have got an incredible loaded baked potato soup recipe that you will just love.
So what does loaded baked potato soup recipe mean to you? Does it mean potatoes, cheese, and bacon? How about potatoes, cheese, bacon, onions, butter, salt, cream, two or three kinds of cheese, chives, and sour cream – oh and then more cheese to sprinkle on top. Does that sound like a loaded baked potato to you? Mix all of this and more together and you have got an incredible loaded baked potato soup recipe.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2/3 cup of margarine
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 7 cups of milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Sprinkle chives to taste
PREP: 15 mins – COOK: 25 mins – READY IN: 40 min – Servings: 6
- Place all that lovely bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned to perfection.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Add chives to taste
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe Video