Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Who can resist those perfect tasting Peanut Butter Bars? These little jewels can make your mouth water just by knowing they are in the kitchen.
Kids love peanut butter and chocolate as well as adults do. These peanut butter bars are so simple to make and require no baking time so they can be ready in just a short amount of time. The problem comes with keeping fingers and spoons out of the mixture while it is being made! When kids find out that cooks have to taste the food they are always ready to help make goodies.
Peanut Butter Bars
Make sure if you are letting your little ones help you that you spoon them out just a little before you pack it all down so they feel special. Sprinkle some of the graham cracker crust on top and they have a treat. They will now be able to wait patently until the bars are set to eat.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips and peanut butter) until well blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Level it off
- In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.