The Kewaunee Trout Fest
The Kewaunee trout fest is an annual festival held every year in Kewaunee, Wisconsin. Kewaunee trout fest is a family festival for everyone to enjoy. Call up grandma and grandpa, your sisters and brothers and pile in the minivan for the Kewaunee trout fest. You don’t want to miss all the exciting attractions and delicious trout. Celebrate trout; a beautiful and tasty fish at the Kewaunee trout fest.
Every year the Kewaunee trout fest is the most exciting thing happening in Wisconsin in July. You can bring the whole family out for the Kewaunee trout fest and enjoy the festivities and great scenery. Join the best fisherman in the world and their families for a day in the sun. Enjoy all the trout you can catch at the Kewaunee trout fest. Learn all the ways you can cook a trout, from baked fish recipes to grill. You don’t want to miss the most amazing trout festival in the world.
Best Kewaunee Trout Fest
The Kewaunee trout fest has been a tradition for many years in so many households in the Wisconsin area. You thought Wisconsin was just about the cheese. Cheeseheads love to fish for trout as well as watch their favorite football team. Share your favorite trout and other recipes like tilapia fish recipes and more. If you plan to visit Wisconsin in the summertime then you have to add the Kewaunee trout fest to your family itinerary.
With vendor booths, food and other attractions you are sure to have a great trout filled fun day with the whole family. Bring out your poles, iron your best fishing vest and get out to the Kewaunee trout fest. This summer don’t just visit Wisconsin; experience Wisconsin at the Kewaunee trout fest.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 6 (6 ounce) fillets trout
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides touching.
- Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes.
- Baste with mustard mixture.
- Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently.
- Discard onion slices.
Diet type: Seafood
Diet (other): Low calories, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 4 to 6
Meal type: Dinner
Nutritional Analysis: One trout fillet equals 295 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.