Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugar Substitute Recipe
This is a homemade angel food cake with sugar substitute recipe for those of you who are looking to cut the calories out of your favorite sweets. When you make a homemade angel food cake recipe with sugar substitute from scratch you can have your cake and eat it too.
This recipe is great for anyone looking to trim down and lose some weight. Simple substitutes like omitting unnecessary sugar and high fructose syrup is a great way look good and feel good. This homemade angel food cake recipe with sugar substitute is one that you can bring to work for the ladies.
Someone at work is always on a diet, so why not bring this homemade angel food cake with sugar substitute recipe instead of the traditional cupcakes, cookies and other high calorie desserts? Next time you are in the mood for something light and fluffy, diabetic-friendly try making this homemade angel food cake recipe with sugar substitute .
Homemade angel food cake with a sugar substitute is not only a great way to lose some calories but it’s also diabetic friendly. This recipe for a angel food cake with sugar substitute is the perfect dessert for anyone with diabetes. You can top this angel food cake recipe fresh strawberries or make your strawberry topping with a with sugar substitute as well.
Personally, the homemade angel food cake plain all by itself is a good snack. It’s just one of those simple desserts that tastes great without any toppings. When you want something sweet without the calories make this homemade angel food cake with sugar substitute recipe.
This recipe for an angel food cake without using sugar make a great dessert to bring to parties and picnics. When you want to cut back the calories or bring something everyone can enjoy, this homemade angel food cake with sugar substitute recipe fits the bill perfectly.
Make yourself a homemade angel food cake with sugar substitute recipe and watch everyone come back for seconds. This dessert and other low calorie desserts like holiday recipes are a great way to make sure that everyone gets a little something.
Angel food cake with sugar substitutes taste just the real thing. You don’t need to worry about losing taste with this recipe for homemade angel food cake with Splenda. You can use other sugar substitutes, Splenda just happens to taste perfect with this recipe but by all means experiment.
You never know if you are going to discover the next great low calorie dessert. This dessert compliments any low calorie dinners you might be preparing like Basa fish filletsor the best grilled chicken. Make this Homemade angel food cake with a sugar substitute for your friends and family instead of cupcakes and other sweets.
Homemade Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 12 egg whites (the closer to room temperature the better)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, or extract of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor spin sugar about 2 minutes until it is superfine.
- Sift half of the sugar with the salt the cake flour, setting the remaining sugar aside.
- In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, orange extract, and cream of tartar.
- After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer.
- Slowly sift the reserved sugar, beating continuously at medium speed.
- Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam.
- Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Carefully spoon mixture into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes before checking for doneness with a wooden skewer.
- (When inserted halfway between the inner and outer wall, the skewer should come out dry).
- Cool upside down on cooling rack for at least an hour before removing from pan.
- Cook’s Note: Since they’re easier to separate use the freshest eggs you can get.
Diet (other): Low calories, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 10 to 12
Meal type: Dessert
Homemade Angel Food Cake Cooking Video
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
Republished by Blog Post Promoter