Eggnog Recipe from Scratch
Learn how to make Homemade Eggnog Recipe from Scratch by following my simple recipe directions below. If you prefer a video recipe, I have added a Homemade Eggnog Recipe from Scratch recipe video as well.
Get started by gathering the ingredients from the list below, then follow my easy recipe directions. You will be enjoying great tasting home made eggnog in no time!
Please take a second to leave a comment and let others know how this recipe turned out for you and if you make any changes. If you have any suggestions to make this recipe better, I would love to hear them.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe from Scratch
Yields 12 Servings
- 12 jumbo egg yolks
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 quart heavy cream, lightly whipped
- 1 liter spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat yolks in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in milk and rum.
- Pour into a large punch bowl and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Fold in whip cream before serving.
- Garnish with freshly ground nutmeg.
Eggnog Recipe from Scratch Video
Pictures of Eggnog