Heart Shaped Egg in a Nest for Kids
Valentines Day Egg in a Nest is a perfect breakfast for your little ones or even your big ones for Valentines Day.
Kids love fun food and egg in a nest is truly something special for them. As simple as it is it lets them know you love them, are thinking of them, and they are special enough to warrant a special Valentines Day breakfast.
This is a heart shaped breakfast they are sure to remember and will want to learn to make. There are some delicious ways to dress this egg in a nest to make it more beautiful and delicious.
You can use toast and cut the heart shape with a cookie cutter or you can even use pancakes or waffles. And if you want to really make a show of it, you could use shredded potatoes or frozen hashbrowns in place of the bread and add bacon and a little bit of shredded cheese as a garnish.
Share Valentines Day with Your kids
Valentine’s Day is about your children too. Don’t leave them out of this special celebration of love. Your little ones will love those extra special touches that let them know someone was thinking about them.
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a heart-shaped hole in the bread.
- Heat the pan over medium heat
- Add the butter
- Add both pieces of the bread to the pan
- Carefully crack the egg into the hole in the bread.
- Sprinkle egg with a bit of salt and pepper and cook until the bread is nicely browned on the bottom.
- Next, you can either carefully flip the slice of bread over to cook the other side, or place under the broiler until done to your liking.
- Serve with the little heart on top, or place it to the side.