Delicious Fried Ice Cream
Fried Ice Cream is one of my favorite desserts when I splurge. The combination of crunchy and cold is one I have enjoyed all my life. When I was a kid I always put cereal in my ice cream and even now I am prone to do that either with bran, wheat germ, or just corn flakes. I try not to do it while people are watching though. So when I found this delicious and decadent dish at our local Mexican food restaurant I was in love.
Are you ready to make a delicious homemade treat? Follow my easy directions to make fried ice cream balls for dessert tonight.
There seem to be many varied fried ice cream recipes, but below you will find one that is sure to make you happy with its ease and amazing yum factor.
Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Fried ice cream is a great dessert or can be eaten just for a snack or treat. Kids and adults will enjoy this crunchy cold goodness. Try this fried ice cream recipe for something different!
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- Start by scooping the ice cream into 8 – 1/2 cup sized balls.
- Place the ice cream balls on a baking sheet and freeze for close to an hour or until they become frozen.
- Combine cornflakes and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Roll the ice cream balls in the egg whites, then in cornflakes, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary.
- Freeze again until firm, 3 hours.
- In a large heavy saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden.
- Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.
Fried Ice Cream Recipe Video
Pictures of Fried Ice Cream
Dessert Recipes and Cookbooks