Fried Cheese Dippers for Kids
Kids love finger food and they love cheese. Friend cheese is great for a snack. They can dip it in dressing or eat it plain. Fried cheese is easy to make and kids can usually even get the kind of cheese they like.
Some kids like Mozzarella and others love the Colby or Pepper Jack cheeses. Sometimes you can find them twisted together for a fun flavorful snack that will make them happy and fill the after school snack need before dinner.
No matter what flavor they love, these snacks will make them happy and keep them from being hungry between meals.
Fried Cheese Snack Recipe
You can use string cheese and roll them in bread crumbs or you can spin this and wrap them in egg roll wrappers and fry or bake them for a different flavor and texture. There are so many ways to make fried cheese for kids that you can give them something different to try each time.
- 24 (1 ounce) sticks string cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- Cut the string cheese in half crosswise.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Beat the eggs in one small bowl and put the bread crumbs into a large shallow bowl.
- Dip the cheese stick halves into the egg and then roll it in the bread crumbs to completely coat the cheese sticks.
- Place the breaded cheese sticks onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow cheese sticks to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to set, and repeat dipping in egg and bread crumbs to form a thick coating.
- Freeze breaded cheese sticks for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Deep fry cheese sticks, a few at a time, until the coating is golden brown and crisp and the cheese is soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let sticks drain on paper towels; cool slightly and serve warm.