Reuben Sandwich Recipe
When I was a kid my mom always made these awesome Reuben sandwiches. Our family has Irish in our background on both sides so corned beef was a year round meal, not just for St Patricks Day celebrations.
If you love corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese on rye and/or pumpernickel bread, then a Reuben sandwich is for you.
If you have been missing this your entire life due to not liking one or the other thing, try this sandwich. Grill it in a small amount of butter and crisp the edges. You’ll fall in love with the flavor and texture.
Easy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
I never add the dressing to my sandwich but that is my personal preference. I know most people would find it to be just wrong not to have that ingredient.
My sandwiches are always grilled or toasted but yours may not be. However you love the flavor, do it that way. If you want to test it, try dipping the edge of the sandwich into the dressing before committing to it.
- Rye bread
- Mayonnaise or Thousand Island dressing
- Corned beef
- Swiss cheese
- Start with 2 slices of rye bread and lightly spread mayonnaise or Thousand Island dressing on each slice.
- Layer the sauerkraut over one slice, then top with a slice of corned beef then a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Top with the second slice, mayonnaise side down.
- Butter the outside of the reuben sandwich lightly with butter or margarine and toast on a griddle or grill, turning to brown evenly.
- Eat and enjoy!
Easy Reuben Sandwich Recipe Video
Pictures of a Reuben Sandwich
Sandwich Recipe Books