Kids Macaroni Salad Recipe
Macaroni salad recipes are great because they are so versatile. You can keep them very simple and easy or you can easily add a few things to dress them up. A macaroni salad can even be a main dish with the right additions.
At our house we like to add tuna to macaroni salad. It’s a favorite summer meal here. It’s cool and the making of it doesn’t heat up the house too much. Add mayo, chopped celery, and chopped onions if you like them and you have a main dish salad.
Try this easy macaroni salad recipe tonight for light but tasty meal.
Most parents know that kids are some of the pickiest eaters in the world. Many times just getting them to try something new is an excercise in the patience of Job.
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
One thing most children agree on is pasta. They love pasta in all its shapes and sizes. Making food fun for kids is the easiest way to get them to try something. So if you want to try a new macaroni salad recipe, try using fun shaped pasta.
There is an abundance of shapes available now. Elbow macaroni, as wonderful as it is, can be replaced with wheels or sharks, even cars and trucks to make the experience fun.
If you want to add a flair with health benefits thrown in for good measure, there are even green spinach, orange carrot, and wheat pastas. Mix them in your macaroni salad for color and fun for your picky eater.
Macaroni Salad Recipe Information
Servings – 16 Prep Time – 30 Minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories: 424 | Total Fat: 24.7g | Cholesterol: 19mg
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water with about 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add in macaroni slowly so you don’t get burned
- Cook until tender, which is about 8 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, red onion, green pepper, and red pepper.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, condensed milk, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni, toss gently, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- You can make this a day ahead of time, and stir it occasionally to blend the flavors.
- The macaroni will absorb some of the liquid.
Macaroni Salad Recipe Video
Macaroni Salad Photos
Grey and Black Hey You Cant Fix Stupid Jack ApronsLate And Dirty My Whole Life ApronBeavers Are Like Ninjas ApronsI Been Snake Bit 27 Times ApronsHappy Funny Redneck Quote on ApronsWhere I Live I Am 911 ApronsHey Thats A Fact Jack Tan Brown Dark Brown ApronsHey Thats A Fact Jack Pink Beard Ladies ApronThere Is No Off Season For Rednecks Apron