Quick and Easy Hot Chocolate
Our Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe makes a classic comfort drink for those cold winter nights. There are times when you just can’t get warm. You get a chill and it seeps into your bones making even your stomach tighten and quiver.
Mixing up a delicious mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows can make you feel toasty and let those muscles relax. Chocolate is like liquid gold. Nearly everyone loves it.
Chocolate used to be used like money and traded as a spice along the trade routes of the old days. Nowadays, it is traded in the schoolyards and boardrooms. Are you ready to enjoy a mug full of delicious hot chocolate?
Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe
When the weather is cold or you just need a pick me up, hot chocolate can give you that feeling of comfort like nothing else can.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an slow boil and stir.
- Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t start to burn.
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide into 4 mugs.
- Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.