Healthy Snacks for Kids
Looking around for new delicious snack ideas for your children? Let’s talk about some of these easy to please ideas. All kids love yogurt whether it be plain or added fruit.
If you buy the traditional plain yogurt you can add in anything from raisins, cranberries blueberries or frozen pitted cherries. You may even want to throw in some mango. For a more creative idea you can always slice you some fresh melon, spread some yogurt on top and let them add their raisins on to make faces or different shapes and designs.
How about taking a graham cracker crust you can buy one already pre made if you desire, add in some low calorie whipped topping, with some fruit cocktail just leaving a little of the juice in it.
If you need something to be paired up with that sweet tooth you can take graham cracker allows them to drizzle a few drops of honey on top. Then add on some dried fruit such as apples or bananas. For the topping you can let them flake on a bit of coconut or raisins.
Easy Healthy Snacks for Kids
If your needing a different spin on some quick easy appetizers, Let them make their own mini pizzas. They can do so by using whole wheat bread sliced into or some sourdough bread sliced up. You can either toast these pieces in the toaster oven or just throw them in the toaster till golden brown.
Add on some pizza sauce, you can even use spaghetti sauce if you’re out of pizza sauce. Add on some low fat cheese or cheese crumbles. Then add on some cherry tomatoes , pitted olives or add on a few pepperonis. Bake them up a few sweet potato fries to go with this sprinkled with sea salt or cinnamon.
Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe for Kids
Servings – 12 Prep Time – 30 Minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories: 467 | Total Fat: 38.8g | Cholesterol: 58mg
Vegetable Pizza Ingredients
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Vegetable Pizza Directions
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Roll out the crescent dough onto a 9×13 inch baking sheet
- Form pizza crust by pinching the edges together.
- Bake the pizza crust for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Once finished cooking, remove the pizza crust from oven and let cool 15 minutes on the baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Ranch dressing.
- Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Arrange broccoli, tomato, green bell pepper, cauliflower, shredded carrots, and Cheddar cheese over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill for one hour
- Slice and serve.
Easy Healthy Snacks for Kids Video
Photos of Easy Healthy Snacks for Kids
Top Rated Cookbooks