Try making this Easy Enchilada Casserole Recipe to add a new twist to Mexican Food Night! Cook this Enchilada Casserole Recipe for dinner and there won’t be any food left on their plates!
This recipe will teach you how to make Mexican Enchilada Casserole, that will have you out of the kitchen and enjoying your supper in no time!
With just a handful of ingredients this cheesy enchilada casserole is quick and easy to put together. Serve it as a quick dinner or bring it to your next potluck, either way, your a winner!
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Large Spoon for Mixing
- Knife for chopping onions
- Casserole Dish
- Cutting Board
Ingredients to fix Mexican Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dice tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can Corn drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
How to make Enchilada Casserole Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, garlic, onion, chile peppers, jalapeno pepper. Pour enchilada sauce into a shallow bowl.
3. Dip three tortillas in the enchilada sauce, and place them in the prepared baking dish. Be sure to cover the bottom of the dish as completely as possible. Place 1/2 of the bean mixture on top of the tortillas, and repeat. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the casserole, and sprinkle with olives and shredded cheese.
4. Cover, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is melted.