The NFL Playoffs are a great time to gather friends and watch the games on TV. Entertain your friends with a great tasting and easy to make Cheese Dip and Chips recipe. The following recipe is very easy to make and I have also included a quick and easy to follow recipe video for cheese dip.
Surprise your friends with a Cheese Dip and Chips appetizer for the games this year!
Football and chips and dip go hand and hand! Chips and dip is also a very cheap snack to serve your friends during football parties.
Hamburger Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
Instead of using sausage as in the above recipe, use hamburger. Again, cook the hamburger first, crumble the meat fine and drain off the excess fat.
Using hamburger will make a milder dip. There are mild Rotel tomatoes as well as the regular and the hot. For a very mild Rotel dip, go with mild Rotels and hamburger.
Basic Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 lb pasteurized process cheese (like Velveeta)
- 1 can diced Rotel tomatoes with chilies (10 oz)
- Cut the cheese into small chunks and put in pot on top of stove.
- Stir in Rotel tomatoes.
- Cook over low heat until melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Traditional Rotel dip can be made in the crock pot. Follow the above directions, but put the cheese and tomatoes in a crock pot and heat over low for a three hours or until cheese is melted. Also, the dip can be made on the stove top and then kept warm in the crock pot.
Sausage Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 lb cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can Rotels
- ½ lb sausage (cooked and crumbled fine)
- Cook bulk breakfast sausage using a fork to crumble it fine as it’s cooking.
- Drain fat off sausage meat.
- Combine cheese, tomatoes, and sausage in pot on top of stove or in crock pot and heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir well before, a few times during, and after melting cheese.
Any bulk sausage is fine in this recipe, but a better grade of sausage means a better dip. Look for sausage packed in paper and sold in a rectangle rather than the sausage in the plastic tubes. Hot and spicy sausage is excellent in Rotel dip if family or guests like a little zip to the dip.