Breakfast burritos are as fun to make as they are to eat. They are great for on the go eating. These breakfast burritos for kids can be made ahead and wrapped for freezing.
If you and your kids love Mexican food, try these breakfast burritos to start your day off right.
On the days when you have to make a run for it out the door, grab one and throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Eggs and cheese wrapped in a soft flour tortilla can be the perfect start to a beautiful day.
If you have added bacon, sausage, or ham, you have a well rounded meal and one that will keep you or your children from being hungry.
When there is little time to spare, make breakfast burritos and you can still have a great breakfast with your kids. If you keep some ready in the freezer, you will be ready even when you are running late.
- 1 pound bacon
- 10 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
- Fry the eggs in a greased skillet until firm.
- In a small sauce pan heat the refried beans.
- Top each tortilla with refried beans, 2 strips of bacon, 1 egg and a little cheese.
- Roll tortillas into burritos and serve.