Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the taste of fresh blueberry muffins. If your kids are like mine and prefer the fresh flavor to the imitation envelope flavor, then they will truly enjoy this Easy Blueberry Muffins recipe. You will love making it for them too knowing you are giving them something more nutritious than prepackaged foods. For a really fun morning, let your kids help while you talk about their week, dreams of the future, or your current weekend plans. When I was a kid we had so much fun cooking with our mom that I would sometimes catch my dad eavesdropping and laughing too. Of course, he was then pulled in to enjoy family time in the kitchen. Give your kids fantastic memories to carry with them through their life by allowing them in the kitchen to help. You never know, you may find a future chef in that child.
Kids Blueberry Muffins Recipe
While you and your kids make this Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe, don’t forget to let them have a handful of blueberries to eat while they help you cook. Everyone deserves a reward for a job well done and these blueberry muffins are sure to be delicious when made with love.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in the fresh blueberries.
- In another bowl, break the egg and use a fork to beat it just a little bit.
- Then add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
- Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times.
- Don’t mix too much! Your muffin mixture should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin
- Cool them on a wire rack.
Makes 12 delicious blueberry muffins!