Easy BBQ Turkey Recipe
Do you want to know how to barbecue a turkey?
My easy BBQ turkey recipe is a moist and juicy way to cook your Turkey! This year you should barbecue a turkey and savor the flavor of all the spices you add. This method of cooking ensures your turkeys goodness! This holiday season make your turkey the best you have ever made.
Rub down your turkey with butter and spices. Then stuff the inside and you will have the best bbq turkey ever! This is a Fast and Easy Recipe which makes it great for this busy time of year.
Some say that if you use the Upside Down Turkey Recipe it helps keep your turkey moist. Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners are better with turkey. BBQ your turkey then enjoy time with your family! The Holidays are great for spending time with your family and friends! Make this a memorable holiday season, use Fast and Easy Recipes to save you some time and you don’t sacrifice any of the flavor!
Simple BBQ Turkey Recipe
- 2 cups butter, divided
- 1 (15 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/4 cup chicken soup base
- 3 sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- Preheat a gas grill for low heat.
- Rub some of the butter all over the turkey, inside and out, then rub all over with chicken base. Cut remaining butter into cubes and toss with onions, apples, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Stuff the bird with this mixture and place in a disposable aluminum roasting pan.
- Fold the turkey skin around the neck area to cover the hole and then turn the turkey over and pour wine into the opening at the other end until the turkey is full or the bottle is empty.
- Set the turkey breast side up.
- Place the roasting pan on the grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- If you have a pop up timer or heat safe meat thermometer, insert it into the turkey breast. Close the lid.
- Roast until the temperature in the breast reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) and the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 180 degrees C (80 degrees C), about 4 hours depending on the temperature of your grill.
- When the temperature is getting close, remove the aluminum foil covering the turkey and allow it to brown during the final minutes of cooking.
- If it starts to brown too much, just cover it back up.
- Allow the turkey to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Barbecued Turkey Recipe Video
Thanksgiving BBQ Turkey Photos