Quick and Easy Baked Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
This easy chimichanga recipe makes a great quick meal for dinner. Kids love chimichangas and I am sure your husband would love these for dinner as well. Top them with some sour cream and shredded cheese!
You can try these Chimichangas with beef or chicken, the recipe below is for chicken chimichangas, but you can simply replace the chicken with some beef and get the same results.
Watch the quick and easy recipe videos for Chicken Chimichanga Recipes.
Ingredients for Chicken Chimichangas
Directions for Chicken Chimichangas
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Place frozen chicken breasts on chopping block while you sauté the onion and peppers in small amount of oil.
- Slice the frozen chicken into narrow strips, then crosswise until you have small 1 1/2 – 2 inch strips.
- Remove onion mixture to a medium bowl and add chilis and 2/3 cup of salsa.
- Place frozen chicken strips into a skillet and season with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic or herbs of your choice. Add a splash of oil if necessary.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove contents of skillet to a bowl and set aside (cover and store at this point if making ahead.)
- Open a fresh package of tortillas. If not moist, cover and microwave briefly, as directed.
- Place a 1/8th portion just below middle of wrap. This is usually about 1/2 cup. Cover with cheese and fold up bottom, then sides, then top. Spray wraps with oil, and lay out on a foil-covered and oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Flip and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remember, everything is fully cooked. You only need to warm the filling, melt the cheese and toast the tortilla.
- Serve accompanied by one of the following:
- Spanish rice, black olives, sour cream, more salsa, bean salad, green salad ingredients.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray. Lay tortillas out and spray top of wrap.
Pictures of Chimichangas