Healthy Cod Recipes
Cod recipes are an affordable way to cut family dinners at home. Codfish is an inexpensive whitefish that can be used in a bunch of recipes. Codfish can be baked in a casserole, used in the crock pot or fried on the stove top for a quick and simple dinner that everyone is going to enjoy. You can serve, recipes of all your favor side dishes such as rice, potatoes or fresh green salads. Cod recipes are wonderful week as they leave open a variety of tastes and textures.
You can prepare numerous cod recipes in advance and take them to work with you all week for lunch. When you make a lunch ahead of time you’re more likely to not spend money eating out of fast Food Restaurants during a lunch break at work. Everyone will be some jealous that you have a homemade cod recipes for lunch instead of fast food.
Fast Cod Recipes
Incorporating Congress appease into your dinner menu is a healthy way to start serving more whitefish. Cod recipes are lower in fat and lower in calories than beef or pork recipes. One of the best ways to cut codfish is to grill it were to bake it. When you grill codfish you leave out the unnecessary facts and needed when you cook on the stove top such as butter or oil. Baked fish recipes are a healthy way to not have to use butter and oil with your fish too.
Grilling codfish recipes in foil is a healthy way to prepare fish. When you place the fish and foil you are trapping in the flavor of the fish with the ingredients. Preparing on recipes in foil is a lot less messy as well. You can easily clean up when you prepare your codfish recipes in foil on the grill by just tossing out the foil when you’re through. Your grill won’t have any leftover fishy flakes and when you go to grill burgers, you won’t taste fish.
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, lightly chopped
- sea salt
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Rinse the cod fillets under cool water and place in the baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika. Try to divide the seasonings as equally as possible between the fish.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until the flesh is opaque in color. Serve with rice, spooning the juices from the pan over the fish and rice.