Easy Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits
These Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits Recipe make a great side dish for breakfast. Follow the fast and easy recipe cooking directions below. I included a great How to make cream cheese icing video. Cream cheese icing tastes great slathered on top of these Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits. Serve these biscuits hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Biscuits compliment any meal or makea great snack. My favorite are these Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits with strawberry jelly!
Biscuits for breakfast? Yea that sounds real good, but how about Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits instead? Doesn’t that sound much better? I think so too! If you make my recipe, please leave a comment below! Thanks, enjoy making this Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits Recipe.
Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Cut in margarine.
- Make a well in center.
- Add sour cream, 2 tablespoons milk, and raisins, stirring till just combined (add a bit more milk, if needed).
- On floured surface, gently knead 8-10 stokes.
- Pat dough to 1/2″ thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter, dipping in flour between cuts.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on wire racks.
- Stir together confectioners’ sugar and 2 teaspoons milk.
- Drizzle over biscuits.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar, if desired