Divinity is a great Christmas candy to make for those Christmas parties. With Christmas right around the corner, there will be tons of parties to attend. Make this divinity recipe and people will love you for it. There are all types of candy you can make for the Holidays. This Holiday Divinity Recipe is great and tastes so good.
Fast and Easy Recipes are the way to go during these busy times. Candy is always a hit at any party. Don’t waste your money on store bought candy this year. Take this divinity or some other candy you made and the people will be impressed.
Homemade treats are always better than anything you can buy at the store. Remember this Christmas that you can
save yourself time by using fast and easy recipes. Have some of this candy around so that when people show up unexpected you have something for them to snack on. Divinity is so good it melts in your mouth.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy, 2 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, hot water, and salt.
- Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Then cook to hard ball stage without stirring, 250 degrees F (120 degrees C.)
- Frequently wipe crystals forming on the sides of the pan, using a pastry brush dipped in water. Remove from heat.
- Just as the syrup is reaching temperature, begin whipping egg whites:
- In a large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour hot syrup in a thin stream over beaten egg whites, beating constantly with the electric mixer at medium speed.
- Increase speed to high, and continue beating for about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla; continue beating until the mixture becomes stiff and begins to lose its gloss.
- If it is too stiff, add a few drops hot water.
- Immediately drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- For a decorative flair, twirl the top with the spoon when dropping.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Christmas Divinity Cooking Video