Chocolate Pudding Cake
If you want to get your kids in the kitchen helping say the words chocolate pudding cake within hearing range.
When you add that it is chocolate pudding cake and ice cream you’ll turn to find the entire family, if not the neighborhood, in your kitchen ready to help.
This chocolate pudding cake is so rich and moist it will satisfy any chocolate lovers dreams.
You can even add nuts if there are not allergy issues. I have also added crumbled white chocolate covered pretzels on top of the glaze just for fun.
Kids will love helping to make this chocolate pudding cake. You can even serve it hot and drizzle the glaze over the cake with ice cream. You know kids of any age will love that! All that waiting around for it to cool is suddenly a non-issue.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Purchase these ingredients from Amazon:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan or 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat for 4 minutes
- Mix in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes for the Bundt pan, or start checking at 30 mins for the 9-inch pans, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze: Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave oven. Stir until smooth and drizzle over the cake.