Chocolate Mousse Recipe for Kids
Chocolate Mousse is the one thing my kids look forward to during the holiday meals. They love chocolate mousse. It’s so fast and easy to prepare that saying no to this delicious dessert is hard to do.
This is a recipe your kids can make for themselves. You can watch them become master mousse makers right before your eyes. Bring your kids into the kitchen and show them making this chocolate mousse is as much fun as licking the beaters.
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
When making this Chocolate Mousse recipe for kids try mixing in some chocolate chips. For an even more exciting flavor add mint chocolate chips or Andes Candies chips. You could really get wild and add peanut butter or butterscotch chips.
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Melt chocolate chips with coffee-flavored liqueur in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return chocolate and egg mixture to pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Cool, stirring several times.
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Stir in sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream.