Blueberry Pie for Kids
Blueberry Pie for kids is a delicacy they will love to eat. The color is beautiful and the flavor is mild and sweet. Give this pie a flaky crust then have some fun! Show your kids how to use a Pie Bird (shown below) in the center to keep the pie juices from boiling over and the blueberry pie losing it’s flavor.
Blueberry pie can be eaten hot out of the oven or chilled. Either way, ice cream is a good companion for this mouth watering treat. My kids are not as much cake eaters as they are pie lovers. Pie is always good.
Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe
If you love Blueberry Pie, you will love this easy recipe. Getting your kids to help is not hard when they know they are getting to lick the utensils. When they are happily helping you can talk about all kinds of things and find out what is happening at school and within their circle of friends.
- 1 package ready made refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Let pie crusts thaw for 10-15 minutes.
- Unroll one of the crusts onto 9″ pie plate.
- Unroll second crust onto a large cutting board. Using pie crust cutters or a small cookie cutter, cut shapes out of crust.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, salt, & cinnamon to blueberries; carefully mix together until blueberries are evenly coated.
- Pour blueberries into pie crust; cut butter into several pats, then arrange pats overtop of blueberries.
- Cover blueberries with second pie crust. Crimp edges together, then place cutout shapes overtop of crust.
- Whisk together egg yolk & heavy cream; brush over pie crust.
- Place pie on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 50 minutes at 425 degrees. You may want to cover pie with foil after 20-25 minutes so that it doesn’t get too brown.
- Let cool at least 1 hour before serving. Depending on your preference, serve chilled or warm with vanilla ice cream!
Blueberry Pie Recipe Video
Pictures of Blueberry Pie
Have you ever used a Pie Bird for your pies? Try it, you’ll see the difference.