Patriotic Cupcake Recipe
Other than fireworks, nothing will satisfy the kids more on the fourth of July than these American flag patriotic cupcakes! Make red, white, and blue decorated cupcakes to serve at your 4th of July or Memorial Day backyard cookout. These patriotic cupcakes also go real nice at any American themed birthday party or office party! The cupcake recipe below is very simple and easy to make. Watch the recipe video that will help teach you how to make American flag patriotic cupcake recipes.
Kids love these yummy tasting cupcakes. Whip up a batch for your 4th of July party by following the quick and easy direction listed below. This recipe is very simple, even the kids can lend a hand preparing this quick and easy recipe. Kids love to help Mom in the kitchen and cupcakes are an easy way to let the kids practice their baking techniques.
American Flag Patriotic Cupcake Recipes
Your American themed party will be a huge success when you serve your guests these patriotic American themed cupcakes. Decorate your cupcakes in the red, white, and blue colors of the American Flag. Just follow the easy directions below and watch the video too. Please share this recipe with your friends and family!
Servings – 24 Prep Time – 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 package French vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (about) small fresh blueberries, divided use
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 roll red-colored fruit snack or fruit leather
- Take your dried cherries and soak in hot water for around 15 minutes to make them plump.
- Drain them real good and set aside.
- Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Use cupcake liners to line a muffin tin pan.
- Combine the cake mix with your applesauce, eggs, and water, and mix on low speed for around 30 seconds.
- Then, increase to the medium speed on your mixer and mix it up for another 2 minutes.
- Now, slowly fold in the cherries.
- Divide that batter evenly into the 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop 5 or 6 blueberries on top of each cupcake. Do not mix or press the blueberries into the batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let them cool to room temperature on wire racks before going any further.
- Beat cream cheese with confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on tops of cooled cupcakes.
- Using remaining blueberries, stud cupcakes with blueberries in rows (for stars) over the upper left quarter of the cupcake.
- Cut the roll of fruit leather snack into strips 1/8 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Place red fruit strips across the remainder of the cupcake surface in rows (for stripes) over frosting.
- Refrigerate to set frosting.
These are fun for the kids to decorate for 4th of July, Flag Day, or Memorial Day.